This week, the gang talks about bags. Bags, bags, and more bags. Backpacks, messenger bags, backpack inserts, and more. Who doesn’t like talking about bags?
The weekly discussion starts with a round-table discussion on exposure compensation. From how exposure compensation works, to how it’s used, to how much the guys use it, the discussion shows why exposure compensation is necessary. Especially in high contrast situations.
The natural segue (not segway, apparently) led to a discussion on camera bags. As a whole, the guys chat about and compare their bag experiences to their ONA bags. This brings to light their displeasures with ONA bags and why they might like different kinds of messenger bags or dedicated camera backpacks.
In the end, it all comes down to your intended purposes for the camera bag. Planning to travel or hike? A backpack may be your first choice. Planning to use the bag every day for heading back and forth to work? A messenger bag will be up your alley. No bag is a one size fits all.
Especially not the Bag That Shall Not be Named.
- Álvaro goes winter hiking in Navacerrada
- Camera Sim - Exposure Compensation
- Head to Head | Backpack vs. Messenger — Carryology
- ONA Bags
- ONA Prince Street review - Mike Bates
- Wotancraft Scout
- Zkin Yeti
- Zkin Yeti backpack review - Ryan Lam
- The rugged backpack: GORUCK GR1
- The “suit friendly” backpack (not really): GORUCK SK26
- Langly Alpha Pro (A.K.A. The Bag That Shall Not Be Named)
- Álvaro’s review of the Think Tank Retrospective 5
- Think Tank Retrospective Leather 5 — (Amazon)/(Think Tank)